• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bryan Sonnier (GSAGUY) sells collection

38 posts in this topic

I find it shocking that both Bryan and Doug both sold their collections so close together.....there are some amazing toners hitting the market for sure and since Sunnywoods collection was sold intact, hopefully we will get a crack at some of Bryan's coins :wishluck:

Did he have a registry set that we can look at? I am not familiar with Bryan's collection, is he a TCCS guy?

Nope...not a TCCS guy and I am pretty sure he did not have a registry set as a lot of his coins were raw.

Bryan has been out of the market for some time. He was my mentor in the toned market and introduced me to many of the players, the old time players. Andy Kimmel, ArtR to name just a few. His collection was mostly raw as he cracked out all the coins in holders. all except those that were in 68 holders as he said to me once at FUN "mama did not raise no fool" He want all to focus on the beauty of the toning and not the grade.

Don't deal with Bryan Sonnier, he's a crook! He never paid me the $200 he owes me!

I have a very hard time believing that and would like to hear his side of the story.

Don't deal with Bryan Sonnier, he's a crook! He never paid me the $200 he owes me!

I have a very hard time believing that and would like to hear his side of the story.

Not only that but I didn't even realize Wallstreetman gave HIS side of the story. All he does is pop in and claim Bryan owes him money. That doesn't sound like a "story" to me...just a lot of noise.

I'm wondering why people can't take this kind of private....

jom

Wow, way to resurrect a dead thread. Wish I had seen this 18 months ago. Could have picked up some nice stuff, maybe!

lol ....I didn't even notice that.

jom

Once again I wish I could agree with you :(

I call BS.......MJ

I highly doubt Bryan would not pay up. Bryan is a person I consider a very good friend and I take exception to wallstreetmans claim. This is not the person I know so maybe he is confused and thinking about someone else.

I contacted Bryan regarding the disparaging comment posted about him here, and he wrote the following:

" Thanks for that linky Mark....I get a kick out of that guy. Feel free to post this in its entirety for those who wish to hear my version of events.

WSM and I used to do battle on the old PCGS Open Forum over politics. It was all good-natured, and as with many other PCGS forum members I'd met him at one of the West Coast shows and if my memory serves me correctly, bought dinner for him, his wife, and his little girl at a Greek restaurant.

Anyway, from time to time I made friendly wagers over elections.....won most but lost a few as well. After not having a single word with WSM for over 2 years, on Nov 5, 2008 he wrote asking for his $200 to cover our bet. Now, to be fair, I may not have seen that message for a long while as I only sporadically log on to PCGS and often don't read what are obviously very old messages. When I did finally write to him, it appeared his PCGS account was no longer active.

He eventually tracked down an email addy of mine and wrote again asking for his $200. I wrote back and told him that while I didn't recall the exact nature of the bet, had forgotten about it and him as well, if he'd send me a PayPal addy I'd be glad to take care of it. Since I was out of the country, Paypal was the easiest way to get it paid.

WSM wrote again some time later, I believe in Nov of last year, gave me a new mailing addy, a new email addy (which I assume was a Paypal addy) and then, threatened to "trash my name all over the internet" if I didn't immediately pay him his $200. Now that one made me lol. I told him to have at it if it'd make him feel better. You'd have to know the guy to appreciate it, but it appears he's not one of winners in the Obama economy.............but I digress.

With all the intrigue tonight, I finally went back and looked at our PCGS messages to see what all the fuss was about. I found where he'd lost a $100 bet to me in the presidential election of 2004 (which he promptly paid after asking me for my mailing addy) and then I found this single entry in a message I sent to him on August 5, 2005:

<< Hilary Clinton will never ever be President ever. >>

Care to make a wager?

I'll take that wager. You want to make it for 2008 for starters and then run it every four years after?

Lemme know.

Bryan

GSAGUY

=======================

Now, I'm not even clear who made the statement re HRC, but I doubt I'd have spelled her name incorrectly so I assume it was he. There was no other response by him re the proposed wager.

WSM seems certain we had a $200 wager and that I lost. If that's the case, then he's correct, I am a crook as I have not yet paid him. Of course, as an old, long-dead boss of mine used to say, I'd rather owe it to him forever than beat him out of it.

Good night WSM. Thanks for giving me this opportunity and feel free to continue trashing my name all over the internet."

Bryan Sonnier(gsaguy) is an F-ing FLAKE/LIAR/CHEAT!!!!!!!! He got some of the story correct but is lying about most of it!

No, he DID NOT(and he knows it) buy my family dinner, I will try an figure out who was there(there were quite a few coin collectors at that Long Beach restaurant but I've been out of the loop for a while), they will verify my integrity and tell you I PAID MY OWN BILL, as well as the $100 bet I lost to him later.

He says maybe I'm hurting because I want the $200 he owes me, no, I want the money because I EXPECT HIM TO PAY JUST LIKE I DID!!! He has had MULTIPLE chances to pay with CURRENT info.

I can't imagine this guy buying dinner for anyone, he doesn't even pay his own bills!

At this point, I don't ever expect to get any money from this LOSER, I just want to make sure you all know what can happen when you deal with him!

My name is David Gregory(wallstreetmann on Ebay if you want to check how I deal with people) . I'll gladly talk to anyone who wants, I speak the truth!

Bryan Sonnier(gsaguy) is an F-ing FLAKE/LIAR/CHEAT!!!!!!!! He got some of the story correct but is lying about most of it!

No, he DID NOT(and he knows it) buy my family dinner, I will try an figure out who was there(there were quite a few coin collectors at that Long Beach restaurant but I've been out of the loop for a while), they will verify my integrity and tell you I PAID MY OWN BILL, as well as the $100 bet I lost to him later.

He says maybe I'm hurting because I want the $200 he owes me, no, I want the money because I EXPECT HIM TO PAY JUST LIKE I DID!!! He has had MULTIPLE chances to pay with CURRENT info.

I can't imagine this guy buying dinner for anyone, he doesn't even pay his own bills!

At this point, I don't ever expect to get any money from this LOSER, I just want to make sure you all know what can happen when you deal with him!

My name is David Gregory(wallstreetmann on Ebay if you want to check how I deal with people) . I'll gladly talk to anyone who wants, I speak the truth!

I'm also on Facebook everyday, my profile pic has my wife and I standing next to my Dodge Challenger in front of Andretti Winery.

Good Day!

There is something extraordinarily funny about this entire thread.

.... I speak the truth!

Col. Jessep: You want answers?

Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to.

Col. Jessep: *You want answers?*

Kaffee: *I want the truth!*

Col. Jessep: *You can't handle the truth!*

A Few Good Men