• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this 1908 $20 Saint Gaudens

18 posts in this topic

Really impossible to tell from the scans. The pictures are small and they make the luster look dead.

I could see anywhere from AU55 to MS65 based on these pictures.

I'm squinting here at your tiny photos but the reverse is beautiful while the obverse has quite a few bag marks. And what is that between the I and B in Liberty?

I'll guess either MS-62 or UNC DETAILS. Either way it's a beautiful early Saint.

PS - Your photos are 300 pixels wide. Really consider photos that are between 600 and 800 pixels in width. They will make a world of difference!

Really impossible to tell from the scans. The pictures are small and they make the luster look dead.

I could see anywhere from AU55 to MS65 based on these pictures.

What he said. My first impression is AU.

Carl

I'm squinting here at your tiny photos but the reverse is beautiful while the obverse has quite a few bag marks. And what is that between the I and B in Liberty?

I'll guess either MS-62 or UNC DETAILS. Either way it's a beautiful early Saint.

PS - Your photos are 300 pixels wide. Really consider photos that are between 600 and 800 pixels in width. They will make a world of difference!

I understand that the pictures are small. But Webshots doesn't get any bigger unless I use a link to the website. Considering on doing this, you will then be able to view this pecs full screen. Does anyone know of a good photo hosting site?

i know i told you already!!

a great gold coin in a really nice grade and one of the most beautiful of coins the federal mint ever produced

and i think THINK it will only get better as time goes on

And what is that between the I and B in Liberty?

That is Liberty's torch. :whistle::grin:

:blush: In addition to getting more sleep I may need to get new glasses.