• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Birthday Honest Abe Post your Lincolns.

38 posts in this topic

I thought of doing that but decided it's not a good choice of coin for the service.

It is what it is.

It is always a good idea to get a 1909-S-VDB certified. The coins are much tougher to sell raw, and you won't get a fair price for it. I think that this coin might benefit from a trip to NCS because some of the stuff on the reverse looks superficial. I think you might be surprised by the result.

The 1909-S-VDB I posted came with ANACS papers that graded it as a VF-20, which was clearly an under grade. It is now in an NGC EF40, with is much closer to the actual grade.

I thought of doing that but decided it's not a good choice of coin for the service.

It is what it is.

It is always a good idea to get a 1909-S-VDB certified. The coins are much tougher to sell raw, and you won't get a fair price for it. I think that this coin might benefit from a trip to NCS because some of the stuff on the reverse looks superficial. I think you might be surprised by the result.

The 1909-S-VDB I posted came with ANACS papers that graded it as a VF-20, which was clearly an under grade. It is now in an NGC EF40, with is much closer to the actual grade.

I worry the coin will come back some shade of pink but understand what you are saying.

It won't come back pink. If you did it yourself, it might. But I've had good luck with professional conservation of old copper. They know what they're doing.

Lance.

Happy Birthday, Abraham.

1909VDBPCGS67RDobv.jpg