• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is PCGS's announcement going to be on March 25?

89 posts in this topic

My guess, which I posted on the PCGS forum, appears below. Whatever the announcement is, I will be shocked if it lives up to the hype.

Instant access to sight unseen and/or sight seen bids and auction prices realized for your newly graded PCGS coins?

That's actually a pretty good guess. (thumbs u

It'd be interesting to have an integration of their CCE where dealers could submit coins for grading with the notation that after they are graded to be automatically sold on the CCE with PCGS doing all the shipping and collection of funds. This won't happen, but it'd save many dealers a lot of time.

I'd like to see (both at PCGS & NGC) a real-time update of submission status. It'd be nice to see things like "Scheduled For Grading - ETA of 18 days before going to grading room" and then "In Grading Room - Graded by one grader. ETA 2 days for 2nd grader opinion"....

Only a fraction of issues have an active real money bid and dealers pay a lot of money each month to look at the existing bids as manipulated as they are. The last thing any collector would want to see is that there are no real money bids for your coin or come to the realization that your coin just got bid down because dealers can see it ready to market.

CUSTOM HOLDERS FOR SETS - LIKE THE CAPITAL HOLDERS HAVE FOR THE MERCURY DIME SHORT SET BUT THERE BRAND?

OFFERING INSURANCE ON THEM?

PCGS auction site like ebay?

Keep track of who owns what for easier tracking for buying and selling

If they really want to shock us then it would be lower fees, better customer service, faster turn around times and easier to submit.

If they really want to shock us then it would be lower fees, better customer service, faster turn around times and easier to submit.

PCGS? Lower fees? Nahhhh ;)

:devil:

Signature Series (i.e. having the grader actually sign the coins)?

I can see the local headlines now!

JOE COLLECTOR ARRESTED FOR STALKING GRADER

Ybor City- A man was arrested last night after a brief argument with police. It seems that Joe Collector was unhappy with the grade given to his 1889-CC Morgan silver dollar by a grader employed by the Tampa firm, ICG. A restraining order had previously been issued against Mr. Collector for harrassment. According to the arrest report, Mr. Collector was waiting for the grader to exit a local eatery in Ybor City when a verbal altercation ensued. The owner of the establishment summoned police fearing that it might escalate to physical violence. When the police arrived they observed a man ranting and raving incoherently about an MS63 that should have been an MS65. Officer Finalizer arrested Mr. Collector after learning about the restraining order. The name of the grader is being kept confidential for his safety.

:roflmao:

PCGS purchases the US Mint. PCGS purchases CAC

All non-circulating coinage will come graded and entombed straight from the Mint. Business strikes may also be slabbed and sold to the discerning collector. This move, for the time being, leaves PCGS as the sole proprietor of modern US coinage.

First stirke? No problem! We have a boatload of choices for you.

MS or PR 70. Tell us your preference. Error coin? We'll strke them on demand to sell through select dealers.

For an additional fee your label can be signed by David Hall. Hand signed for only $100. Electronically reproduced for only $25. Limited editions of a David Hall hologram inside select Buffalo gold coins will create a demand for a yet uncreated and untapped market.

All PCGS coins will now come CAC certified.

Profits will be shared equally between PCGS and the US Treasury.

The Mint will work with PCGS to intall a magnetic strip on the back of each coin slab thus preparing the way for the brave new world of melding US coinage with the emerging e-commerce.

Just got a PCGS email!!

9 Days... Until THE BIG ONE!!

By David Hall and Don Willis

All PCGS eCollector subscribers are cordially invited to attend the groundbreaking PCGS announcement on March 25, 2010. The announcement will be made during the Mid-Winter ANA convention in Ft. Worth, Texas at the Ft. Worth Convention Center, Room #108 at 10:00 a.m. CST. If you can't attend, visit PCGS.com on March 25, 2010 at 12:00 noon PST for the details.

lol

Just got a PCGS email!!

All PCGS eCollector subscribers are cordially invited to attend the groundbreaking PCGS announcement on March 25, 2010. The announcement will be made during the Mid-Winter ANA convention in Ft. Worth, Texas at the Ft. Worth Convention Center, Room #108 at 10:00 a.m. CST. If you can't attend, visit PCGS.com on March 25, 2010 at 12:00 noon PST for the details.

lol

I wonder if they sent an invitation to Redd Foxx?

Chris

Just got a PCGS email!!

lol

Willis and Hall are announcing their engagement (shrug)

after march 25

shall/should?? i personally add this generous side along with da-vid's $1000 check hm

a free one pound jar of vaseline with each new service purchase at pcgs based on the announcement by pcgs

after march 25

shall/should?? i personally add this generous side along with da-vid's $1000 check hm

a free one pound jar of vaseline with each new service purchase at pcgs based on the announcement by pcgs

I'm trying hard not to laugh.

Michael,

Does the jar of vaseline come with a sufficient supply of dried corn cobs?

Chris

While we're killing time till the "BIG ONE" is announced, I have a question for the poker players here on the forum. If your NGC and you have something new that's pretty big, do you wait until PCGS plays their hand or do you play yours first?

My question is only meant to be half serious, but I have been wondering what's going on at NGC as it seems they might have something big of their own. If so, they have to be thinking about the timing of their announcement in light of David Hall's "big one"

While we're killing time till the "BIG ONE" is announced, I have a question for the poker players here on the forum. If your NGC and you have something new that's pretty big, do you wait until PCGS plays their hand or do you play yours first?

My question is only meant to be half serious, but I have been wondering what's going on at NGC as it seems they might have something big of their own. If so, they have to be thinking about the timing of their announcement in light of David Hall's "big one"

It's quite possible that "the big one" will really be little more than "the big catch-up"... with NGC, that is.

As a poker player, there are benefits to being on the button.

Chris

There is a large button that rotates around to every player that represents the "dealer". When the cards are dealt, the (actual) dealer always begins with the first player to the left of the button. That means that the player "on the button" gets the option of betting last and, therefore, seeing what everyone else is going to do, i.e., bet, check or fold, before making a decision.

Chris

The Big News.

PCGS will open PCGS University. A learning and research center for all ages. It will have a full library.

There will be classes on grading, history, computers, and imaging, just to name a few.

Classes can be taken online or in the classroom. It will house a conservation department next to none.

There will be a museum of historic items as well as a large section on fake and altered coins.

Every fake or altered coin PCGS handles will be added to a giant online reference with high res. images.

David will put on a cool shirt and walk the Halls everyday to make sure everything is going well.

What a plan:)

youre-fired-1.jpg

:rulez:

I absolutely love your Photo-shopped cartoon. lol

I have it!!! PCGS is going to declare bankruptcy!

Ewww...This guess has been taken. I submitted it a few weeks ago (and I believe that I did it on the PCGS forum before he said that no one ATS had the correct answer). It's still funny nevertheless. lol