• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ethical Question about Buying/Selling

What would you do with the proof set? Read more: http://www.cointalk.com/t91871/#ixzz0ezJOdk1v  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with the proof set? Read more: http://www.cointalk.com/t91871/#ixzz0ezJOdk1v

38 posts in this topic

Yea, where is the ethical question? The seller is a professional auctioneer. The item was offered at auction. Other bidders had a chance to see the picture. You bought it. If you see something no one else saw more power to you!

There should be some reward for working and studying your subject. If you are lazy, don’t do your homework or miss something you should have seen, too bad. The world does not owe you a living.

did i miss a link somewhere? how do we know this seller is a "professional auctioneer"

Yea, where is the ethical question? The seller is a professional auctioneer. The item was offered at auction. Other bidders had a chance to see the picture. You bought it. If you see something no one else saw more power to you!

There should be some reward for working and studying your subject. If you are lazy, don’t do your homework or miss something you should have seen, too bad. The world does not owe you a living.

did i miss a link somewhere? how do we know this seller is a "professional auctioneer"

Everyone on eBay is :rulez:

I looked and looked and still can't tell by the sellers picture that the coin has or doesn't have a mint mark.

I was able to tell from his enlarged picture, but if you can't, copy his enlarged picture into a graphics program and further enlarge it. The date on a dime runs straight across. Now you can't see that it is an S, but you can tell there is something there above the level of the date and in the area where the mintmark should be. (I enlarged his image to 150% and even there it is pixilating, but you can tell there is a mintmark on the coin.)

There definitely appears to be a mintmark in the seller's pic.

By the way, Jaime, if you would like to make a tidy profit, I'll give you $20 for it. That's more than double what you paid. :devil:

There definitely appears to be a mintmark in the seller's pic.

By the way, Jaime, if you would like to make a tidy profit, I'll give you $20 for it. That's more than double what you paid. :devil:

$21

You have no obligation to provide notification, return the coin or pay more. As others have stated, it isn't your job to educate this seller on what they are offering.

If you had happened to overpay for this coin and the seller offered no return priviledge, you would be SOL. Well, the same applies to them.