• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Offer a Grade on this morgan?

14 posts in this topic

What's up with the holder? Is this coin slabbed reverse/front? End-roll toner? Obverse looks nice and clean, almost has a polished look about it (hope not!).

I'll go MS-65 based on obverse image.

What's up with the holder? Is this coin slabbed reverse/front? End-roll toner? Obverse looks nice and clean, almost has a polished look about it (hope not!).

I'll go MS-65 based on obverse image.

Not in a slab anymore - It was laying on top of another when I took the pic... Not polished, close to pl, but not quite

Pretty sure this is the rev on that one - nothing special, will not add to or detract from grade... Came out of a pcgs holder, surfaces are original - actually has that concave look to the front that you sometimes see on well struck Ss from the time...

92931.jpg.7b6fbbd8889d1352632ed40a39a83b77.jpg

Yes, In part, was in an older pcgs 66 holder (not the oldest, but the ones where the numbers start outside the bar code). The holder was pretty scuffed up and I decided there wasn't much downside to resubmitting if busted out and could give me a better chance at an upgrade than sending as was and "revealing" prior grade... As good or better than many others I've seen in higher grades, really clean, nice strike, and has that "flashy" look to the obverse...

Nice pickup. I didn't notice that the OP's first photo was slighty off center in relation to the slab. What's with the misdirection? Obviously you positioned the coin on the slab. For what purpose?

Carl

Thanks - Not meant to misdirect - Was snapping pics of a group of coins and left the last slab there when I switched to the raw ones, in part to hold a reference spot below the camera and in part to keep them off the surface below. Took the other pics of this one when I decided to post today...