• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this 1943-P Jefferson Nickel

Grade  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Grade

11 posts in this topic

I voted MS65 and would have gone higher except for the razor burn on TJ's sideburn area. Are those bagmarks or a shadow?

Otherwise very nice!

MS 65 - Not sure on the full steps. For me, the full step designation seems difficult to pin down. Heritage has a lot of Jeffersons up for auction with lots of full steps but when you look at them, it's obvious that all full steps are not equal. In fact, to my untrained eye some of the non full steps have better defined steps than some of the full steps.

Anyway, my short rant is over. I'm hoping some of the Jefferson experts might comment on the full step issue.

Nice 44 Jefferson by the way.

David

I can't make out the lowest middle steps well enough in your image to make a guess as to FS or not. The incomplete strike on Jefferson's jaw is quite common on these and this coin actually appears to have a fuller jaw than many others.

I voted MS65 and would have gone higher except for the razor burn on TJ's sideburn area. Are those bagmarks or a shadow?

Otherwise very nice!

It's a shadow. Unfortunately I haven't quite mastered photography. Any advice on taking digital photographs would be appreciated. As always, thanks a million. You guys (and girls) are the best!

I'm on the fence ... it's either nice MS-65 or a so-so MS-66. I voted MS-66 because it's been my experience that I've had to buy MS or PR-66 or better to acquire modern coins that I really liked.

Otherwise very nice!

It's a shadow. Unfortunately I haven't quite mastered photography. Any advice on taking digital photographs would be appreciated. As always, thanks a million. You guys (and girls) are the best!

Here's a better photo of the obverse. :bump:

92911.jpg.69729f6054db16f12d1108ea6ffc2239.jpg