• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Franklin GTG and designation if any

20 posts in this topic

My guess is that is just missed PL

so

~~~~~~NGC~~~~~~~

Mint State 65 FBL Star

:preach: What he said

BUT!!!! I do see what looks like some spotting, that could keep it at 64, still obviously a FBL*, but I can't see that PL at least by those pictures, but pretty d%%% close.

Physics-fan nailed it.Those die polish lines are a dead give away. Unfortunately Schatzy, that star designation would garner more registry points than the PL designation. The pictures could be better to show brilliance, they were the first out of a new camera and shot with diffused light to show detail. Here are the sellers pics. Can anyone give me the population?

92800.jpg.32e771466162c8a8ed6402d8f042fc2d.jpg

92801.jpg.e79fded21b430d5e2fef55699e457be3.jpg

92802.jpg.b969d7a54777ca7c6ac868ec33a49625.jpg

MS FBL PL Star 1 Graded at MS65

Tomaska had this coin for sale last year, and it was beyond incredible. The fields were deep watery mirrors, and the devices had a noticeable level of cameo. Of course, the price was beyond incredible also.

MS FBL PL Star 1 Graded at MS65

Tomaska had this coin for sale last year, and it was beyond incredible. The fields were deep watery mirrors, and the devices had a noticeable level of cameo. Of course, the price was beyond incredible also.

You cheated! Insider trading!

Chris

These things are hard to photograph!

You got that right. Flykite agreed to re-list it and I grabbed it.That's a very nice picture franklinlvr. I'll have to play around with some lighting and editing raw. It's hard to see why yours (Jason's too) didn't get FBL.

]

I'll post mine here, just so we can have a whole bunch of them in the same thread ;) I have no idea why mine didn't get FBL either - everyone I showed it to at FUN agreed it should have FBL. I will probably send it in for designation review at some point - but since I have absolutely no plans to ever sell it, its not really that important.

As for photographing prooflikes - they are tricky little things. You have to treat them like proofs, but that doesn't convey the surfaces well. These prooflikes are characterized by heavy die polish, so certain lighting angles will make the coin look very weird.

2352813-001O.jpg

These things are hard to photograph!

You got that right. Flykite agreed to re-list it and I grabbed it.That's a very nice picture franklinlvr. I'll have to play around with some lighting and editing raw. It's hard to see why yours (Jason's too) didn't get FBL.

]

Mine has a very small flat spot to the left of the crack that prevents it from FBL. But I don't understand why Jason's coin didn't get the designation. I was the previous owner and the bell lines were all there in my opinion!

BTW, I used axiel lighting to photograph my PL. It worked much better than direct lighting which made it look black.