• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Returning member saying hello again

18 posts in this topic

Hi there,

My name is Michael and I collect ancient coins that relate to the Bible and English coins from all periods from Celtic to modern.

I have decided that, based on the tone of those running the CU boards (where I have been a member since 2001 and have over 12k posts) that for the time being I no longer wish to take part in their forums.

Because of that I plan on spending a lot more time over here and I hope that I can add in some small way to this forum.

Welcome to sleepy hollow! I think you'll find we're a bit less active over here, especially in the world forums, but some of us really enjoy the foreign stuff. I am working on a type set of shillings by monarch, and it is progressing quite nicely.

Hi Michael,

Great to see you here! After around 5,000 posts, they decided to boot me for speaking up a couple months back against one their insane new decisions.

Cheers!

Doug

Welcome back! I know that the World coin forum here is rather slow but I hope that changes soon enough.

Your collection sounds very interesting. I would love to see some of your coins. :)

Hey, Dead Guy!

Did they "unfriend" you? (tsk)

Hi Shiro, no they didn't "unfriend" me, as far as I know I am still a member there in good standing. However, there was a series of posts by PCGS types addressed to the entire board, that I considered rude and disrespectful of their customers. In addition, there was a post where one of them said that he would like to make the board something that could only be used by paying PCGS members.

I work at a PCGS shop, so when I do submit coins to PCGS I use the shop.

90% of my collecting right now is ancient coins, which PCGS doesn't grade.

Why should I throw my money down the drain for a PCGS membership when most of the coins I collect are going to go to NGC because only NGC will grade them?

It is nice to see some of the "old timers" from the early days of the PCGS Board over here, I hope the rest will follow.

It is nice to see some of the "old timers" from the early days of the PCGS Board over here, I hope the rest will follow.

Why, I remember way back to the winter of ot-two! :preach:

Welcome to the other side of the street! I hope that if the proposed members-only BS goes down over there, that we'll get the rest of the world crew here as well. World coins here is pretty slow, but I'd love to change that.

Go ahead and post some of your favorite coins for us to enjoy!

...and Doogy - I didn't know you got bammed over there. They've got no common sense.

Whoa, I feel like I've missed a whole lot of drama ATS. Serves me right for only checking the forums once in a blue moon.

Good to see there's still a way I can keep an eye on your new acquisitions and listen to the history behind them, oh dead one.

~Roman

Welcome to the other side of the street! I hope that if the proposed members-only BS goes down over there, that we'll get the rest of the world crew here as well. World coins here is pretty slow, but I'd love to change that.

Go ahead and post some of your favorite coins for us to enjoy!

...and Doogy - I didn't know you got bammed over there. They've got no common sense.

Hi Michael,

I'm not losing any sleep over it, but I miss you guys on the world forum. I dared to speak out about their nonsense about letting 'phantom' sets in their registry, of coins never graded by PCGS, compete with legitimately graded coins. They banned me, and several others in that thread that dared to question their motives for such a move. A very heavy-handed move, but par for the course it seems.

Doug

Hi Conrad,

I still lurk from time-to-time to see what is new, but i'm not as active in the hobby as I once was, now that i'm neck deep in graduate school.

You've picked up some great pieces as of late, I always enjoy seeing your NEWPs!

take care!

Doug