• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold specualtion - a bubble .

32 posts in this topic

Morganman your Dad is right .Seen it myself worked for a company not to big about 150 people their owner died didn't like his family and left it to the employees.

Each person share was based on what they made and time working their longest time about 20yrs highest paid maybe $65,000 just guessing .I ended up with $26,000 when everything was done that was 1988 put it in cd still their but now it's

about $100,000.00 could have made more stocks gold whatever .But of the people i still know , they have nothing to show for that person gift spent and most couldn't tell you what they bought back then. I have lived on $2300.00 per yr and up to $147,000.00 . Drive a 1977 Toyota fj40 Landcruiser spring and fall nice no top a 1993 Acura Legend summer good air 1987 Toyota Land cruiser fall and winter.I don't spend time investing I spend time living gold prospecting fishing hunting sport shooting ICORE IDPA NRA BSA Philmont .

As stated previuosly, the present situation is the result of a Housing Bubble and a Credit Bubble and most belive that the tipping point was 1999 when Citibank and Travlers wantd to merge and were prevented by Glass Steagall which was repealed and also by the revival of the C.R.A which mandated that Banks loan money to low income individuals and institutions which couldnt qualify for a conventional loan. It certainly wasnt tax cuts or any Deficit.

Greenspan did make the above even worse by providing an environment of easy money,There were also other factors,however, these were the three major ones.