• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Early American Copper

84 posts in this topic

1809 C-4 R3 Half Cent graded by NGC AU55. NGC has only graded 6 with the highest graded as AU58. This has the repunched "0" in the date.

367637-002O1.jpg

Here's one I got from James Garcia last year . Still looking for some more just like it :-) .

I just love that coin to bits

1084 C-6 die state 4.5

drapedbust2.jpg

x2rider.......Very nice 1804 spiked chin with neat die cud.

Ray............Nice 1802 S-242 R2 Large Cent. This die variety has the widest denomination. Nice 1809 C-5 also.

Michael..........Those cold and winter days and nights in New York are having some effect on you? I tend to agree with you though. (thumbs u

Michael..........Those cold and winter days and nights in New York are having some effect on you? I tend to agree with you though. (thumbs u

yes it is!!!!

but i love superb asses

1798 Large Cent. Not entombed in a TPG slab but nicely worn with a ton of character! I can only imagine who carried this beauty.

92937.jpg.bb0c68f8fd914f5cabd910bc6bb80e3a.jpg

the above coin is possibly a coin that the former prez of the usa thomas jefferson carried as a pocket piece as a rememberance of one of his children born in 1798

so as a secret rememberance jefferson took a 1798 large cent out of circulation and kept it as a pocket piece

of course after a few years he stopped carrying the piece and after he died well it eventually went unknown and today survives in your collection by the stars of serendip (serendipity)

with the only sure thing being it is from 1798 and a well worn pocket piece

if only the coin could talk what lust and forbarence could it tell :cloud9:

1802 S-232 Draped Bust Large Cent. It has some micro porosity but has very nice details.

1802-0110.jpg

1802-0220.jpg

i love the overall look and eye appeal of this coin

the color/patina (a particular coloration of green on my monitor) looks like tiber river patina seen on some ancient bronze/copper coins buried for centuries in the banks of the tiber river in london in the muck that after hundreds and hundreds of years takes on this particular green coloration that brings a HUGE premium on ancients

and this coin has this and i love it

also a bonus is it looks like clean mark free matte surfaces and combined with this tiber patina makes this a great coin in my minds eye

to each his own and i love this coin

Beautiful Early Copper Coins Everyone.

Here is an 1819 9 over 8 aquired from a fellow forum member a year or so ago.

Rey

1819over8CoronetLargeCentObv-1.jpg

1819over8CoronetLargeCentRev-1.jpg

rey your 1819 has GREAT color and surfaces (thumbs u