• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think of this image presentation method?

9 posts in this topic

I'm playing around with the code on my website and I've made some changes to how coins are displayed. The biggest change is my move to using lightbox to display larger versions of photos. I had some trouble getting the settings to work right with bloody Internet Explorer; why more people won't switch to Firefox, I'll never understand. I think I've finally got things working right, although I've still got some minor issues to work out regarding the vertical placement of the large images in IE.

My goal is to have a clean, simple format which is intuitive to navigate and that encourages visitors to view all the coins. I'll probably add some textual commentary on the coins at some point in the future.

I'd appreciate it if some of you would take a look at my Britannia page and tell me what you think of the user experience. In your comments, please mention your browser and its version, your operating system, and your screen resolution (i.e., 1024x768) if you know them. Positive or negative feedback is appreciated.

MS69 Silver Britannias

If the general consensus is that this version of the code works, I'll migrate the rest of my galleries over to the new format.

Thanks!

i myself like the layout and the presentation. i am in IE but also use fox just as much. having the ability to choose will keep the visiters happy. lots of pain in IE but once done you havnt kept anyone from the sensation :)

im not sure the version of IE but the newest FOX. and the setting for display is 1024x768.

i think it would be nice for the info to show in a mouse over. so it keeps the page clean like it is. just make sure the mouse over isnt considered a pop up. or it will leave lots out.