• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1809 bust dime, 1811 bust dime, 1807 half, 1833 quarter (silver trade or cash)

12 posts in this topic

Okay folks, this is getting ridiculous... I've priced these to move.

Here are the terms: The prices shown are the "trade for 90% silver quarters/halves based on 11x face value price". Good price on my coins, good price on your silver. Should you desire to purchase them with cash, you must add 10% to the prices and pay with Postal money orders. I will not divert from these terms or prices, not now, not in the future..these are very fairly priced.

1809 Capped Bust Dime, PCGS F12, $1500:

2cie8fp.jpg

fn9v28.jpg

1811 Capped Bust Dime, PCGS VF20, $900:

2rftqog.jpg

20qi2dc.jpg

1807 O-112 bust half dollar VF20 old cleaning, re-toned, $250

2qmptth.jpg

1zd3nzb.jpg

1833 bust quarter, very natural and appealing XF45, $350:

i3hvcz.jpg

ka1n49.jpg

Ok I am confused.

You say these coins are priced to move .

How can you expect $ 1500 for a F-12 1809 Bust Dime that has a retail of $ 600 and a wholesale of $ 400 ?? The 1811 Bust Dime has a retail value of $525 with a wholesale of $ 400 . ??

Ok I am confused.

How can you expect $ 1500 for a F-12 1809 Bust Dime that has a retail of $ 600 and a wholesale of $ 400 ?? The 1811 Bust Dime has a retail value of $525 with a wholesale of $ 400 . ??

Try finding either of those coins, with this eye appeal, at that price.

Ok I am confused.

Try finding either of those coins, with this eye appeal, at that price.

I would rather wait as long as it takes rather then pay over two times retail .

My point was those coins are not priced to move.

I already looked at Heritage and that is how I came to my conclusion .

There are also Heritage sales of these coins in the last 2 years that did not have those kind of premiums . Both of those 1809 coins you used as an example were R-4 die states . Is your 1809 a common die state or a R-4 or better ? I am not familiar with early dimes but I would think that like other coins certain die states carry a premium.

Once again these may be hard to find coins but they are not priced to move.

There are also Heritage sales of these coins in the last 2 years that did not have those kind of premiums . Both of those 1809 coins you used as an example were R-4 die states . Is your 1809 a common die state or a R-4 or better ? I am not familiar with early dimes but I would think that like other coins certain die states carry a premium.

Buddy, they are all JR1 R-4. There is no other die state to my knowledge. The same goes for the 1811/09, only one die state to my knowledge.

Buddy, they are all JR1 R-4. There is no other die state to my knowledge. The same goes for the 1811/09, only one die state to my knowledge.

Ok "Buddy", sell those coins at those prices and I will shut up .

Like I said I don't collect early dimes and know very little about them .

If you want to price them to move I suggest you accept offers rather then post a firm price. Or better yet try selling them on EBAy with a BIN / Best offer , or consign them to one of the major Auction sites.

I've been watching those two dimes to see if they would sell at those levels as well. I need both.

As you stated, they are both R.4 die-marriages, but as one might expect, their scarcity stems mostly from demand date-set collectors, not by variety collectors. The 1809 looks like a desirable early die-state and worth a premium, though how much premium, I don't know. The asking price appears to me to be a high-end, but fair, retail price. That 1811 is also a fairly early die state, but as your image shows, it has minor detriments. Here again, the asking price seems like a reasonable high retail level. Just my two cents worth - hope I don't tread on anyone's toes :) .

I have seen some of those linked Heritage dimes in-hand, and without being specific, one or more of them was under-graded in the slab and easily worth a premium bid, which it appears it got.

I've been watching those two dimes to see if they would sell at those levels as well. I need both.

As you stated, they are both R.4 die-marriages, but as one might expect, their scarcity stems mostly from demand date-set collectors, not by variety collectors. The 1809 looks like a desirable early die-state and worth a premium, though how much premium, I don't know. The asking price appears to me to be a high-end, but fair, retail price. That 1811 is also a fairly early die state, but as your image shows, it has minor detriments. Here again, the asking price seems like a reasonable high retail level. Just my two cents worth - hope I don't tread on anyone's toes :) .

I have seen some of those linked Heritage dimes in-hand, and without being specific, one or more of them was under-graded in the slab and easily worth a premium bid, which it appears it got.

I was not attempting to insult this seller. His comment " Okay folks, this is getting ridiculous... I've priced these to move" got my attention.

I can see based on Heritage results that these two coins are not easy to find .

The retail and wholesale price guides are not the best indicators to determine real value for these coins. Based on what I see, a premium over the retail values for both of the coins is acceptable , however his prices are high and I don't think with his terms he will be able to move these coins .