• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: 20x-40x Stereo Microscope - Cleaning Ancients and Coin Detection

1 post in this topic

Starting this here before eBay. For sale is a stereo microscope I used for the cleaning of encrusted ancient coins. The scope has two magnifications: 20X and 40X. The objectives (lenses at the bottom end of the scope) are 2X and 4X. They are switched by roatating the collar. Coupled with the 1 1/4" 10X eyepieces it yields the 20 or 40 times magnification (not a zoom - either 20X or 40X). Magnifications can be changed by using different power eyepieces. The eyepieces are locked with a small phillips head set screw. Loosen the set screw and a matching pair of eyepieces can be used to change the magnification. The left eyepiece has an independent rotating focus (similar to binoculars) so you can adjust to your own vision.

The scope has both top lighting (good for opague objects such as coins) and bottom lighting for transluscent/transparent objects. This is controlled by a switch.

The scope has a very long working area - meaning you have enough room to wield brushes, scrapers etc. when cleaning ancient coins. It is also useful for non-ancient coins in determining double dies, errors, patina condition etc.

$125 with Parcel Post (usually 7-8 dyas) shipping included with delivery confirmation.

Payment by Paypal or check/money order. Shipping within the US only (sorry - I have had some horror stories shipping outside the US). Payment by PayPal will ship within 48 hours. Payment by check/MO must wait for it to clear the bank.

Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

I thank you.

90497.jpg.b0aef6e8402498f305d2d5fe2addb64c.jpg

90498.jpg.dc8da5524bd059f50cc74412a000156d.jpg