• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Figured I would start a Franklin thread...

37 posts in this topic

In light of these gorgeous images by Bob Campbell. He is very talented and my images look like cr@p compared to these beauties.

So post a Franklin, after all who doesn't like old baldy??

1.jpg

2.jpg

obv1.jpg

rev1.jpg

1963dobv1HR.jpg

1963drev1.jpg

Lovely Frankies Jon! :applause: You planning on cornering the market??? :baiting:

Bob sure does excellent work.

I've probably got one or two floating around...

50ms65fbl-1Sm.jpg

50ms65fbl-2Sm.jpg

Got a question for you Franklin collectors out there. I have a slabbed 1955 Franklin, graded MS68 FBL by USGC. Who the heck is USGC? I have never heard of them and was wondering if any of you have. Thanks for the info.

Got a question for you Franklin collectors out there. I have a slabbed 1955 Franklin, graded MS68 FBL by USGC. Who the heck is USGC? I have never heard of them and was wondering if any of you have. Thanks for the info.

If you have an image of the coin you could post we can probably give you a better indication of what the coin would grade via NGC or PCGS. There is little doubt that the coin doesn't grade as high as a 68 as even MS67's are very very difficult to locate in quantity. (thumbs u

Dene, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I figured about as much but the coin looked really nice and does have FBL. Was thinking about getting it graded. By the way, is that your pick up? I have a '64 Ford Galaxie that is a built to look like a "lightweight"

yes, there are other dates besides the 1955 that have the Bugs Bunny variety. The 1955 is the most common and I know there are 1954, 1956, and 1952 too. I believe the 1952 BB is the rarest off these dates.

Has anyone ever heard of a 1952 Bugs Bunny Franklin, I have one in my late husbands collection but I have been unable to locate any information on it.

Thanks,

Sandy

Anything you need to know about the Bugs Bunny Franklin can be found in the article I wrote recently: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=2&Number=3535736

Well you did say Franklin ... ;)

The dies for this medal were produced by Augustin Dupre during the time when Dupre was making the Comitia Americana medals for Revolutionary War heroes. It was a special project that Dupre did in honor of his friend, Benjamin Franklin. This piece was struck circa 1845 to 1860 given that it has the pointing hard punch on the edge. The reverse celebrates Franklin’s discovery of electricity.

BenFranklinO.jpgBenFranklinR.jpg

Love that '63-D, Jason. :applause:

Yeah, I've been posting a lot of toners lately, but I still love cameo Frankies too, so...

sh1958fh.jpg