• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you buy this? *Pictures revealed*

36 posts in this topic

Glad you are happy with your purchase. The new pictures reveal a more attractive coin that I first thought. Congratulations and thanks for teaching us a good lesson.

I would not buy it for the simple reason that my tastes have become rather jaded for Franklins. At this point I am solely looking to upgrade my collection, either toning wise, technically or both, and this coin does not come close to that criteria.

The only time I'm willing to buy a Franklin on a whim purchase (e.g. if it doesn't meet the above criteria) is if I see it in hand at a B&M or at a show or whatever. Even at that, given how much I'm now spending on space memorabilia, my whim purchases have to definitely be way above average for a given date/mm and the prices have to be reasonable.

It looks like an attractive coin, Jason. Congrats on the pickup! :applause:

I probably wouldn't have bid based on the seller's pics. After seeing your pics I like it this coin. I don't know if you noticed but this is the other '55 clashed die. There isn't anything showing in the mouth area but you can see a clash mark from the M of UNUM right behind Franklin's head.

Yes, I did notice Bret. The clash is huge, dwarfing any Bugs Bunny I've ever seen - the motto is clearly impressed behind his head, and the full outline of his head is visible on the reverse around the hanger, eagle, motto, and below the bell.