• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bought a roll of pennies online, these were in it, thoughts?

10 posts in this topic

I'm gonna disagree with physics on the first...I think Coindude's on with Lamination...the second I think Physics nailed the acid on the head...

I do not think its a lamination for three reasons - first, and most importantly, I have never seen a lamination with a perfectly circular cutout. The smooth arcing circle, with the same diameter as the Lincoln, almost certainly means it is some other sort of error at best. Second, the line through the middle of the affected area is inconsistent with a lamination. Third, the rim shows absolutely no trace of lamination - it is perfectly formed. The appearance of this Lincoln really looks post mint damage to me, not a lamination.

I'm gonna disagree with physics on the first...I think Coindude's on with Lamination...the second I think Physics nailed the acid on the head...

I do not think its a lamination for three reasons - first, and most importantly, I have never seen a lamination with a perfectly circular cutout. The smooth arcing circle, with the same diameter as the Lincoln, almost certainly means it is some other sort of error at best. Second, the line through the middle of the affected area is inconsistent with a lamination. Third, the rim shows absolutely no trace of lamination - it is perfectly formed. The appearance of this Lincoln really looks post mint damage to me, not a lamination.

I've seen a lamination that was very similar to that before, but it very well may be post-mint.