• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Indian Cent MS-not proof

11 posts in this topic

You all might like this one better. I have no idea what the white spot on the chin is.It must have been on the outside of the flip. Geez,get out your sunglasses.

07IHC54RD1.jpg

06IHC64RD2.jpg

small piece of white paper or lint will easily come off

coin looks to have great eye appeal

close to full red if not full red on the obverse and close to red but rb reverse and this just might be the photo as i cant see the coin in hand sight seen

also coin looks be be a really choice unc. coin again from the photo

looks fresh and original to my minds eye and again with great eye appeal

Yes.It's a gorgeous coin. I believe full red.Both sides are identical in color.It's hard to get the exact angle twice when taking pictures so shadows are different.

I purchased from an actual brick and mortar coin shop although online. I've been buying coins from them off and on for 30 years or so. Same owner all that time. They aren't cheap,but in my experience they are always quality.

By the photo the coin appears to be an MS-64, Red, but I do have some PVC concerns. There is some green stuff on the inside of the top of the first "9" in the date, and there might be some stuff on the first "A" in "AMERICA."

By the photo the coin appears to be an MS-64, Red, but I do have some PVC concerns. There is some green stuff on the inside of the top of the first "9" in the date, and there might be some stuff on the first "A" in "AMERICA."

Hey guys,

First LincolnFan,

Both sides are almost exactly the same color.The reverse came out a little darker because when I turned it,the stand got skewed a little so it came out shadowed..

And Bill,I'm glad you mentioned the bits of green. I thought it was a little verdi-gris(one word or two?),but I don't think I want to take the chance. It's a very exceptional looking Indian cent in full red when holding it in hand but with these magnified pictures I don't like what I'm seeing.

Also Bill, look at the 6 and do you see anything on the reverse?

I don't think the 6 is PVC, not the same look as the 9, but that could be just the scan. The reverse looks relatively clean save for a mark over the E in cent, don't think it's PVC, but the color more closely match's that of the 9. If both sides are truly the same color then I'd say RD.

I don't think the 6 is PVC, not the same look as the 9, but that could be just the scan. The reverse looks relatively clean save for a mark over the E in cent, don't think it's PVC, but the color more closely match's that of the 9. If both sides are truly the same color then I'd say RD.