• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cleaned 1917 SLQ?

7 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I know it's a lousy picture. Can anyone tell if this coin has been cleaned?The owner says not much luster to it.Great details though,right? Thanks

83891.jpg.590979dbe4575adba205e6c6ccebab28.jpg

I'm guessing it's about an AU55 and can't tell if it's been cleaned or not. It's a common coin which is readily available certified - why chance buying an uncertified one with poor images?

I'm guessing it's about an AU55 and can't tell if it's been cleaned or not. It's a common coin which is readily available certified - why chance buying an uncertified one with poor images?

Mark,

Very true. To me though,it looks much better than AU.at am I missing? But I won't argue with you.You know your coins.

Mark,

Very true. To me though,it looks much better than AU.at am I missing? But I won't argue with you.You know your coins.

Maybe it's unc., but with subdued luster and that image (where is the reverse, by the way?), I'm guessing mid range AU.

Mark,

Maybe it's unc., but with subdued luster and that image (where is the reverse, by the way?), I'm guessing mid range AU.

Didn't post the reverse because I really only wanted to know if it's been cleaned.It probably has.

Here's the reverse.

83908.jpg.4a89643def5d62be897fde895f96b459.jpg

cleaned and not too pretty

for this extremely common coin

pass............................

try to buy only sight seen with great lustre and eye appeal