• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Accugrade slab code

6 posts in this topic

Is anyone familiar with old Accugrade slabs and the condition code they use? For instance what does A2-66C mean? It's probably very simple but the reverse of the slab has ABC-123 twice.

The Accugrade guide has this to say:

Strike

A=Full

B=Soft

C=Flat

Proof

A=Full

B=Soft

C=Flat

Surface

1=Frosted

2=Brilliant

3=Dull

Prooflike

1=Cameo

2=Proof or Prooflike

3=Dull

A for full strike ? 66 the grade, and flat appearance ?

Has me beat. I only had this guide because a friend asked me about Accugrade slabs and had the guide handy.

Probably a MS64 or 65 coin, but you may get lucky

The back of the ACG slabs had a key to tell you what the code meant. In the case of A2-66C you were looking at strike and surface (A2) while 66c meant MS66 commercial quality of PR66 commercial quality.

The back of the ACG slabs had a key to tell you what the code meant. In the case of A2-66C you were looking at strike and surface (A2) while 66c meant MS66 commercial quality of PR66 commercial quality.

Okay, so according to them it grades A=Full Strike,2=Proof or Prooflike and 66C means MS 66 business strike, correct?