• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please help identify this coin...?

11 posts in this topic

how?

what, I can't figure it out

Thank you

I uploaded your photo to Photobucket and copied the image code and pasted here. (thumbs u

Here is another one I would like to get some info on...

This one I recognize! In fact, if I dig through some old boxes I might find one! It is from visitors area of the Cherokee reservation in Cherokee, North Carolina. They sold and gave away the tokens to use in the various stores that were owned and operated by Cherokee.

The last time I was in Cherokee was in the mid 1970s. As I recall, you could buy the tokens for $5 and get $8 worth tokens. So when you went to the stores, you paid with the tokens and felt like you were getting a bargain. Otherwise, you paid cash. Either way, they made money.

As I recall, the tokens came in $1 and 50-cent values. I may have a 50-cent token stashed some where. I am not sure of its value other than a curiosity piece.

Scott :hi:

That interesting, I'd like to see what the 50 cent piece looked like. thank you

Here is another one I would like to get some info on...

This one I recognize! In fact, if I dig through some old boxes I might find one! It is from visitors area of the Cherokee reservation in Cherokee, North Carolina. They sold and gave away the tokens to use in the various stores that were owned and operated by Cherokee.

The last time I was in Cherokee was in the mid 1970s. As I recall, you could buy the tokens for $5 and get $8 worth tokens. So when you went to the stores, you paid with the tokens and felt like you were getting a bargain. Otherwise, you paid cash. Either way, they made money.

As I recall, the tokens came in $1 and 50-cent values. I may have a 50-cent token stashed some where. I am not sure of its value other than a curiosity piece.

Scott :hi: