• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP CAN YOU IDENTIFY THIS COIN? OR VALUE?

4 posts in this topic

If I had to guess, I would think it was made recently. I have a widow's mite that looks a lot like that one and it was made recently.

Check this out, here's one that sold for about $1800. I'm assuming it's real since it sold for that price.

The look of the coin is much different than yours. Yours is in better shape, and much higher relief, which again leads me to believe that it's not real.

I don't have a picture of the widows mite, it's lying around somewhere, was going to show it to some church kids so they could get an idea of the money that was spent back then. Anyhow, take a look and make your own decision.

01804q00.jpg

The rampant lion on the reverse looks like the one on a Netherlands Silver Daalder. Similiar to this:

1638UT-1200.jpg

or this:

1698-1200.jpg

Pretty impressed you were able to identify this so quickly Coindude, and even provide front and rear photos and a recent auction (?) price.

I think it's a modern copy (the lion is simplistic and lacks details) but if it's not it's worth a fortune.