• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your palindrome certification number.

21 posts in this topic

I just noticed that the PCGS certification number on this coin is a palindrome. 13666631 Kind of cool in a geeky way. :þ

The word palindrome is derived from the Greek palíndromos, meaning running back again (palín = AGAIN + drom–, drameîn = RUN). A palindrome is a word or phrase which reads the same in both directions. Some simple examples are:

RACECAR DEED LEVEL PIP

ROTOR CIVIC POP MADAM

MADAM, I'M ADAM NUN RADAR TOOT

81944.jpg.1178a3e2ea9142e80901fbf5ae7da95f.jpg

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water?

Try spelling Evian backwards: NAIVE

Very cool! I kind of had my doubts about anyone actually posting another one. (thumbs u

I used to own this - it's close!

1913_v_nickel_obv_holder.gif

Dude, you have owned and still own some very impressive coins! What other important pieces of American numismatic history have you owned? I'd love to see a virtual museum of your past and current holdings. Thanks for sharing the 5-0 with us... you think they hold numbers like that for special occasions?

Several years ago, I bought a common date AU $5 Lib in one of the old small white ANACS holders. The serial number was 666666.
Thats a keeper.

Agree. I didn't need this coin but couldn't resist. I guess you could say that the devil made me do it. It was an auction lot on eBay with the seller hyping the six 6's serial number but I managed to get it for a price close to GS bid.

I'm pretty sure that particular specimen was referred to in an episode of Hawaii 5-0.

I know, I'm just teasing.

And you should know that show predates me by at least a decade or two!

Oooops... missed the wink in the post... and predates you by a decade or two? I thought Munkey was the only one that young here!! ;) Me, I was at least born in the 60's!

Oooops... missed the wink in the post... and predates you by a decade or two? I thought Munkey was the only one that young here!! ;) Me, I was at least born in the 60's!

Nope, I'm vintage 1985. Schatzy is young too, a couple years older than me I think. I think coinman and pendragon are in their 20's also.

What other important pieces of American numismatic history have you owned? I'd love to see a virtual museum of your past and current holdings.

Here are some highlights of what I have owned over the years:

gem chain cent

superb gem 1794 large cent

proof 1864-L IHC

Eliasberg 1913 Liberty head nickel

gem 1876-CC twenty cent piece

gem 1827 original proof quarter

Norweb gem 1838-O half

Gem set of Gobrechts

Uncirculated set of Seated Dollars

Gem set of Trade dollars

Amon Carter 1885 trade dollar

3 1884 trade dollars

Eliasberg 1884 and 1885 trade dollars

Eliasberg 1870-S dollar

James A Stack 1870-S dollar

Boston Family superb gem 1799 dollar

Thanks for sharing the 5-0 with us... you think they hold numbers like that for special occasions?

Absolutely

For those of you who have never perused Mr. Nut's (I figure Trade for the first name, Dollar for middle....) website, here is an example of what you are missing.... absolutely gorgeous!

21572854-copy.jpg

Every time I hear about Palindromes, all I can think about is Monty Python's "Parrot Sketch" where Cleese refutes Palin's claim that Bolton is a Palindrome by saying: "No it isn't! Bolton spelled backwards is Notlob!" :roflmao:

Nope, I'm vintage 1985. Schatzy is young too, a couple years older than me I think. I think coinman and pendragon are in their 20's also.

I was born in 1983.

Coindude, I told you I will get those SMS coins from you.......I have time to wait!! :grin: