• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1981 JFK Half with Liberty Punchout

12 posts in this topic

There was a charity auction in May and I bid on some coins.

I also bid on the following:

1981 Gold-Plated JFK Half, Liberty Punchout. A neat piece with a large punchout of Liberty through the obverse.

When lying on a table, the nose of Liberty is probably about half an inch off the table, giving this coin some impressive depth.

There was no picture so I didn't know what I was really bidding on. Well I won it for $3. I love it!! :grin: Just thought I would share it with you all!!

1981StruckThru.jpg

In my best Jack Nicholson voice, "Here's....LIBERTY"

Those things are so cool...it appears that the edges are canted from the pressing...true?

Those things are so cool...it appears that the edges are canted from the pressing...true?

Yes, the edges are canted. It looks like someone shot it with a gun first and then applied the liberty.

I like these very much and think they are quite cool. It is somewhat unusual to find them on gold plated JFK halves, however.

I used to have a Morgan Silver dollar punch out....they are a lot rarer than most of the punch outs because of their size and thickness......should have held onto it :frustrated:

Schatzy, I'm glad it went to someone who appreciates it! I donated it to JK's auction. I won the coin in a small lot of items on ebay that I bid on for just one of the items (Pilgrim Jubilee Memorial SCD). Very cool to see it again.

Schatzy, I'm glad it went to someone who appreciates it! I donated it to JK's auction. I won the coin in a small lot of items on ebay that I bid on for just one of the items (Pilgrim Jubilee Memorial SCD). Very cool to see it again.

Thanks (thumbs u I love it, they should have included a picture in the auction.