• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof 1 No way!! False alarm

9 posts in this topic

Proof 1? Absolutely amazing.

doh!! I was searching ebay for proof Indian cents and this one was included in the results.I should know that PR means poor.I had proofs on my mind.False alarm everyone. So, what is the lowest grade proof coin anyone has seen.I suppose a proof 1 is theoretically possible.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1877-Indian-Head-Penny-NGC-PR-1-BN-Rare-Coin_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a5Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem19b4182235QQitemZ110395662901QQptZCoinsQ5fUSQ5fIndividualQQsalenotsupported

It would be easy to tell if it was a proof only issue. lol

*edit* For example, there is an 1883 Trade dollar in the NGC census at Pr/AG.

*2nd edit* There is an NGC 1877 proof IHC in G. When the coin is that worn how do you know?

*2nd edit* There is an NGC 1877 proof IHC in G. When the coin is that worn how do you know?

Diagnostics. The 1877 IHC business strike has certain diagnostics to tell it apart from a proof. Most notably the weak N in "ONE."

Our own Braddick owns a proof Trade dollar graded PF3, I believe, and I own a proof Gobrecht dollar graded PF10. Another member of the NGC boards owns a similarly graded proof Gobrecht, too.

Our own Braddick owns a proof Trade dollar graded PF3, I believe, and I own a proof Gobrecht dollar graded PF10. Another member of the NGC boards owns a similarly graded proof Gobrecht, too.

boxoftwenty21c.jpg

It's been housed with ANACS; NGC and now, PCGS.