• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free shipping on e-bay? Never again!

66 posts in this topic

Conder, I would assume individual rolls when to different addresses.

OK, that would make sense.

That's what happened. There's a limit to the weight for first class mail and then it defaults to priority.

Conder, I would assume individual rolls when to different addresses.

OK, that would make sense.

That's what happened. There's a limit to the weight for first class mail and then it defaults to priority.

Can I say flat rate boxes? They are $5.00 for up to 70 lbs!

What are those, Bruce? Do you use your own box, is it secure and how long to deliver? Thx.

What are those, Bruce? Do you use your own box, is it secure and how long to deliver? Thx.

They provide the box!

If you are shipping something that is not the end all be all, such as a new roll of quarters, then those are perfect. Basically the post office says if you can fit it into Box X (They have 3 sizes) and it is not over X pounds ( 70 I think) then it will be like $5, $10, or $15 depending on which box you used. It takes a few days to move just like any other mail. I got one from Ct to Tx and it took about 3 days. the box was large enough to hold 2 large capitol plastic holders. Total Cost $10.90 Much easier. Now I am not sure about insurance levels.

Taken from USPS.com

"Priority Mail

A simpler way to ship.

Take the guesswork out of shipping with Priority Mail® Flat Rates. Whatever fits in the box or envelope ships for one low rate—anywhere in the United States. There's virtually no weighing or calculating. And your packages reach their destination in 2-3 days. "

"Delivery Confirmation™ Provides the date, ZIP Code™ and time your article was delivered. $0.70-0.80 Retail, $0.19 Electronic

Insurance Provides indemnity coverage (up to $5,000) for lost or damaged items. Starts at $1.75.

Get details"

"Signature Confirmation™ Provides delivery information and signature electronically. $2.35 Retail, $1.95 Electronic"

"Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope $4.95 12-1/2" x 9-1/2""

If you use the Small Flat Rate box it will cost $4.80 via paypal or $4.95 at the post office. Plus you get free delivery confirmation with paypal shipping. The box is not very sturdy and you have to use lots of tape when shipping rolls. I use this box when I am shipping 4-8 certified coins.

Next you go to the post office ask for these boxes and you will save the next time you ship!!

Next you go to the post office ask for these boxes and you will save the next time you ship!!

Or just order them from here

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductCategoryDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=13359&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=11820&top_category=11820&WT.ac=13359

The post office will ship however many you need to your house, They don't charge you for the boxes or to get them shipped to your house.