• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it possible to get a mint and or proof set graded as a set?

8 posts in this topic

That's awesome...I really am a proof/mint set geek and I would love to get some of them graded.

Do you know if it is worth it monetarily (if so I would still get some of them graded for my own reasons)?

THANKS!!

Welcome to the Fourm :hi:

Do you know if it is worth it monetarily (if so I would still get some of them graded for my own reasons)?

The truth not really, unless the coin come back PF70UC you will lose money in the long run. I would search ebay and you can usually get them for a fraction of the price it would cost to just get the coins graded.

Here is an example Link It cost over 125.00 just to get this set graded!!

Honestly, I would not waste my money grading proof sets.

I had one set of 5 coins sent in for Reholder alone and it cost me over $50.

Unless you know for sure you have a PF70 in the group, I wouldn't even send it in.

I will probalby wait to have some of my favorites graded (for my own collection). I don't see anywhere that there is a "price listing" of graded proof/mint sets.

Any ideas of where to find out pricing of any graded sets?...or do you simply look up the individual grading of the coins and add them up?

Joe S.