• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Father's Day!!.........Teen steals dad's coins!!

10 posts in this topic

Irasburg teenager charged with stealing from dad

Associated Press - June 12, 2009 10:55 AM ET

NEWPORT, Vt. (AP) - An Irasburg teenager and three acquaintances are facing charges they stole $600 to $700 worth of coins from the boy's father.

Police say Rick Dunlavey, of Coventry, discovered the thefts in March, when some of the youths - who had apparently been stealing the coins a little bit at a time, from tins under his kitchen sink - broke into his home to get the ones they hadn't already taken.

Police say 17-year-old Brendan Dunlavey, who doesn't live with his father, pleaded not guilty this week in Vermont District Court in Newport to two counts of petit larceny. Three others pleaded not guilty to other charges.

The Caledonian Record says Brendan Dunlavey showed a friend where his father kept the coins, and that the boys spent the coins on gas, food and drugs.

Spent the money on drugs?

400 hours of community service, repay all the money, and then break their fingers.

Just shows kids will do anything for money!! Hide your coins!! ;)

Yea, the problem is more times than not the parent or person that has the coins or money is just flat our murdered, even for less money when it comes to drugs being involved.People like that usually have a mind set of old coins big score. I guess he should consider himself as one of the lucky ones.And a slap on the wrist is not what needs to be done with youth gone bad like this.

He needs a good, old fashioned caning like Singapore did to the American teenager who vandalized property in the 1990's.

My Dad used a green willow branch. I can still see him taking out his pocket knife, cutting the switch, folding up the knife and running the branch through his thumb and fore finger stripping off the green leaves.

The whipping was worse if you ran and he had to catch you, so you just stood there and closed your eyes. New britches absorbed some of the sting, but the seats of our jeans were always about paper thin from wear, so it was as if it were bare skin.

What ever it was you did to deserve that whipping you avoided like the plague in the future.

We didn't venture to far off the line, it even helped a little when we got to big for a whipping. By today's standards, we would have been put in foster homes and my Dad would have been arrested for child abuse. Tsk, tsk...bring back the old Father/Son bonding experiences. He did not abuse us, he taught us there might be retribution for your actions, plain and simple.

He needs a good, old fashioned caning like Singapore did to the American teenager who vandalized property in the 1990's.

I remember that and the "outrage" that went with it. As if someone could go to another country, break the laws and then expect different treatment. It was ridiculous.

That or be put in a tough juvenile boot camp.

I remember that and the "outrage" that went with it. As if someone could go to another country, break the laws and then expect different treatment. It was ridiculous.

I remember that. He spray painted several expensive cars. He got exactly what he deserved.

I remember that. He spray painted several expensive cars. He got exactly what he deserved.

+1