• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has ebay done this to you?

9 posts in this topic

I had four No Reserve auctions that ended this weekend. Each of these auctions had no less than 15 watchers and 8 bidders. During the last full hour of bidding the auction pages were "not available". Bidders were greeted with "Sorry, this page is not available at this time." I was not even able to cancel the auctions because, like I said they were not available. The "Sorry, this page is not available at this time" is actually the only apology I received, even after 2 hours on the phone with ebay. I cancelled the rest of my auctions and now will seek another venue. Has this happened to you?

I have heard that ebays site was down and caused alot of people headaches. I know of a few people that was waiting to place last min bids on things and others had auctions end at very low prices. I don't think ebay will do anything about it which sucks. I have a few things listed that end tommarow so I hope it doesn't happen again. Sorry to hear that they couldn't help

That's what I do when possible. People are willing to negotiate reasonable prices and include shipping most of the time. Not to mention sellers here are generally reliable.

I noticed the problem too. I was watching some coins and some were ending right around that time. I couldn't access any of the and right in the middle of EBAY Prime Time(8p.m.-11p.m). I'll bet some sellers got hosed pretty bad that night.

You would have to be considering sending email to buyers rejecting payment and cancelling the auctions.. eBay could easily cop a class action suit over this