• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver has outperformed gold this past month

5 posts in this topic

Gold is up about 9% over the last month, to roughly $980 today. Silver, on the other hand, shot up 29% in May, to $15.50 an ounce.

No surprise as silver has been outperforming gold all year, certainly on a YTD basis. I think something like 49% to 17%.

Will this trend continue or should we buy gold now thinking it will catch up to silver? I haven't been buying much numismatic lately (stuff has gotten tougher to sell in this economy) unless its a really good rip. But I am picking up more silver, especially BU rolls if its relatively close to melt. A recent CDN was showing ask at melt + 15% on junk silver ($1000 Bags). This got my attention. I have rolls and rolls of BU and circ silver in a special bank box......but I believe we are a long way from any kind of peak. I think the fun and games with the financial system and world events are only starting to begin....Who will get nuked first - NKOR or Iran? My bet is Iran will be getting a KO punch soon, courtesy of Israel (if they still have any guts).

I was reading somewhere (Kitco Silver Page - Roger W) that the last few years mirror the 1930's and it will take WW3 to jolt our country from depression (a sobering, scary thought). Think of 2009 like 1939. WW3 could be 2 or 3 years away then. Cheers!

If your any kind of buyer of silver you need to check out the Kitco Silver Page and all the articles and info it contains ------ Kitco.com

if you follow the charts stock gold silver they all look like the last entrys of a flight black box even -down -up -down -even -down -up a little -down -up a little again-down -up pretty far almost to even -then down-----------------------------------------------------

think were at up a little again -Think when gold moves it will move big way up then the Dollar will fall way down hyper inflation and were all back to square one again.

Were no different or more important than the Romans only they will have been on the top longer more like Great Britain 100 to 150 yrs maybe .Yup sitting on the porch telling my great grand kids how we were a world power back in the day SUPER Power Hate that saying -richest country in the world by whos standards?

The Bill is DUE time to pay.Gold leaving the country like rats from a sinking ship

next Oil to be priced in Euros can you say $10 gal gas .End of rant

still interesting time we live in think it's historic or sad