• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh man,this is bad.

14 posts in this topic

Anyone this this is salvageable?For a few bucks would it be worth buying and using dip on it? Same goes for any of the other "toned" coins the guys is selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1876CC-SEATED-LIBERTY-QUARTER-RAINBOW-TONED-CH-AU_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ11964QQihZ019QQitemZ290318814141QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQsalenotsupported

Bad is an understatement. This seller lives 30 minutes from me. Maybe I should ask to see the coin in person !! :eek:

That coin looks to be maybe VF ?? But even for $ 10 why bother with it .

Bad is an understatement. This seller lives 30 minutes from me. Maybe I should ask to see the coin in person !! :eek:

Thought so. Wishful thinking I guess.Maybe, If it were a higher grade. He says what, AU? Laughable..Though it's hard to tell by those awful pictures. Did you look at any of the others?

Once you get all that AT off the coin, you'll probably discover that this coin was harshly cleaned. Heavy toning usually hides a multitude of problems.

Thought so. Wishful thinking I guess.Maybe, If it were a higher grade. He says what, AU? Laughable..Though it's hard to tell by those awful pictures. Did you look at any of the others?

Yes they all look like s--t !!

At least if someone is going to tone a coin they should try to do a good job with it !!

I bet there will be continued darkening till it REALLY gets fugly and turns poop color. :o

For a couple of bucks it would be fun to play with but I don't think there is much of the obverse surface to save. That said pictures are difficult and it might be OK after a dip.