• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Westford/Chelmsford Ma. Coin Show report

4 posts in this topic

Arrived early, and set up at approximately 7:30 to an already bustling room. I wasn't sure how busy this show would be, being the weekend after Christmas, but with FUN on the horizon, I had hope.

I stayed busy from when I set up, until after lunch. Didn't even realize it was that late. When I was walking the floor looking for new goodies, I didn't even get to the 1/2 of the room to my immediate left!!! I had plenty of foottraffic, and quite a few inquiries concerning gold coins (I don't generally deal with gold).

Everyone seemed busy, with a smorgasborg (spell check!) of material changing hands. I had the oppurtunity to touch base with a few board members, Tonelover was set up to my right, and kept stealing my customers wink.gif

Met massscrew for the first time. He was in hot pursuit of some Ikes, and looked to have found a really nice '72(?) but commented on the slim pickings for Ikes.

I found a few nice unc. large cents, buffalo nickels, and some other type pieces. Nothing "monster", but a few really nice coins. I sold quite a few pieces today. Must have been leftover holiday money being spent.

Honestly, I was too busy in my own corner to get a true feel of exactly what was going on out in the rest of the room. This show is getting big, and has at least 60+ dealers, with 80+ tables.

I had nice surprise towards the end of the day when my brother and brother in law stopped by with my oldest son (7) and my nephew (also 7). My nephew ended up with a Lincoln Memorial Cent Whitman, and each of the boys had $20 to spend in another dealer's 1/2 off box. Let's just say they had a ball laugh.gif

If I think of anything else, I'll add it in later.

I've been thinking about setting up at a small show for a few years now. Problem is most of my coins I do not want to part with yet. I guess that's why I'm more a collector than a dealer. Thanks for the report!

I've been thinking about setting up at a small show for a few years now. Problem is most of my coins I do not want to part with yet. I guess that's why I'm more a collector than a dealer. Thanks for the report!

I agree. I'd be more like an adoption agency. What kind of home do you have? Your storage methods? What are your intentions for raising this 1935 Boone commemorative? 27_laughing.gif It'd never work.