• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1837 Feuchtwanger PCGS Certified MS63 eBay No Reserve Auction

6 posts in this topic

I am offering my favorite coin in a no reserve, .99c auction format on eBay starting this evening, 5:30PM, west coast time.

I will LINK the auction here in this thread, after it is live.

Beautiful coin and really the nicest I've seen for the type, regardless of grade.

keeperbox1cc.jpg

WOW!!What a beauty!!

There is no way I can afford it, but I'll be watching with interest. In fact, I placed a bid, just so I could say that I did. :grin:

[font:Comic Sans MS]I honestly believe that if a novice collector wants to obtain an eye for good coins then they should closely study Braddick's coins. I don't think that I have ever seen him offer a dog for sale.[/font]

I had, unfortunately, offered the coin many months ago to a board member across the street on a kind of "first dibs" basis via his request "should you ever sell this coin".

As I rarely if ever work in that mode when it came time to list this one on eBay I had forgotten my previous commitment and was quickly reminded of my obligation via a PM from that member when he saw my sell thread across the street (prior to the auction going live, like I did here).

In fairness I killed the auction and sold him the coin.

One of my pet peeves too are auctions that run and then are stopped during the bidding.

In my defense, I think the coin would have closed higher had the auction run, and the listing was only about three hours old when it was delisted and removed.

Thanks for your interest though. The coin, IMHO is a one-of-a-kind as most of these I've seen are a bit drabby, so to speak.