• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Way to Get Easy-to-Read Lists of Heritage OR TeleTrade Auction Results?

8 posts in this topic

What I'm really looking for is effectively a datadump from each auction that lists coin (denomination, series, year, mint mark, grade) and selling price with sale date. The purpose is to be able to track prices with time and create a moving average for my own uses (or, I guess, anyone else's who really wants them).

I haven't been able to find this information readily on either website, just searchable forms and so I've been doing it manually for a few coins, but it's incredibly time-consuming as I'm sure you can imagine.

Does anyone know where these might be available? Or if the companies would even be willing to release the information?

It does not hurt to ask, but I doubt that they would do this. They seem to operate more like a corporation and there is probably no incentive for the person making the decision to give it to you.

Stu, I doubt they'll give you the information directly, but one could write a bot and pull the information from their website. Not sure if they would or could catch/stop you, but that would be a concern.

While I'm thinking about it, it sure would be neat to digitize every old auction everywhere and make it searchable via the Internet. Maybe a project for the ANA as I would suppose a great deal of the info to be copywritten?

This compilation of auction prices realized is pretty slick, and it might even be possible to download into a spreadsheet (although there probably isn't a need): Link.

Well, I sent Heritage an e-mail because I think they may be more willing to do it. They provide a "printable" version of the prices realized for all their past auctions ... the only problem is that they only list the lot number and the price, so no information about what the coin actually was.

I checked out that link, IGWT, and it is not sufficient for my purposes. It only lists "MS" and "PR" prices, and as we all know, MS-60 is worth a lot less than MS-70

I checked out that link, IGWT, and it is not sufficient for my purposes. It only lists "MS" and "PR" prices, and as we all know, MS-60 is worth a lot less than MS-70

I'm not sure what you mean. "MS" is shorthand for business strikes; and, if you click on the avg price for any particular issue, you'll see that the prices of coins in the circulated grades are reported.

Ah, I see it now. Sorry - didn't realize the prices were clickable. It's still fairly incomplete, though. For example, the 1981-S PR Susan B. Anthony dollars. It only lists 8 past auctions and all PR-70. I know for a fact that more have been sold and in other grades. Same with, say Washington quarters not listing anything below MS-67. :) And while that site makes it easier to read than Heritage or Teletrade's own archives (and it doesn't list TT), it's still not too easily machine-readable for my purposes.