• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out this eBay question !!

10 posts in this topic

Yes you guessed it i have a sale on and the questions are coming thick and fast

I was tempted to send a nasty response to this one :mad:

Q: I sincerely doubt if this coin is genuine. They are coming out of China in droves. I am truly amazed how well the Chinese have managed to make them. I bought some of these and the so called Woods coinage, just about as good as a reproduction can be.Getting better and better. They are worth 15 quid as space fillers,so nobody should complain. I will bid anyway if they stay in reason. Am a teacher. Always super visual aids. Cheers, Barry

My responce

THIS COIN IS 100% GENUINE .. GARENTEED .. AS I detector found it myself and i have had it verified buy NGC and one of the top coin dealers in my local area !! it was also verified buy the finds liaison officer at the museum of antiquities at Newcastle .. Who is Canadian. So for a chance to own a real one i think you will have to dig a bit deeper than the £15 you have been paying for fakes all the bests doolyscoins

Link to coin

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220394814076#description

how i hate the China fakers they are making it so hard you will not be able to sell coins soon as no one will have any trust :mad:

As I hope you know the Rosa Americana coins were made from an odd alloy called bath metal. As such they all have surfaces similar to what you see on your offering. Your coin also has some corrosion, which would lower the value, but it looks okay to me.

Here’s one that NGC certified for me several years ago, if that is any help. But seriously this Chinese counterfeit stuff is getting so bad, I can’t get mad at anyone who questions a coin that has some odd looking (to them) surfaces like the Rosa coins have.

RosaAmericanaO.jpgRosaAmericanaR.jpg

Are you sure the tricky Chinamen didn't bury some counterfeits in that field so you could find them? ;)

Check your metal detector. Likely made by those tricky Chinamen.

I'm not sure I would have chosen to post someone's note saying they think it is a fake in the auction. I understand wanting to share your thoughts on originality but that should have been in the auction itself.

Just my 2c

I'm not sure I would have chosen to post someone's note saying they think it is a fake in the auction. I understand wanting to share your thoughts on originality but that should have been in the auction itself.

Just my 2c

Thanks for all the responses lads (thumbs u

I know what you mean BECOKA .. But boy has he helped the coin jumped from a couple of £'s to £45 over night since i posted the response .. as for putting this type of information in original auction .. I do not like to overplay items I list as this has caused lots of problems in the past .. and the coin is environmentally damaged (being dug up) so i was not expecting a large amount of money for it hence the £0.99 starting price.

oh the fun of eBay !!

Are you sure the tricky Chinamen didn't bury some counterfeits in that field so you could find them? ;)

Check your metal detector. Likely made by those tricky Chinamen.

Haha!! Are Garretts built in china !!!