• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1796 DBD BB-64 NGC XF-40 (counterfeit?)

35 posts in this topic

Yes. I agree about researching and doing comparisons from Heritage Archives but I think Mark Feld gave a Heritage auctioned item that was counterfeit. Or did I misunderstand Marks post? I also saw one with a CAS sticker. Buyer beware!

You definitely misunderstood (and misstated) what I did. My comments were in reference to a seller on Ebay, not Heritage.

Mark

You are of course correct. I believe it was Toad that posted the PCGS Trade dollar with the CAS sticker. Sorry for the error (shrug)

It was me that posted the one with the CAC sticker but that was the real one on Heritage and the counterfeit one on Ebay was missing the CAC sticker. ;) Other than the labels not matching up, who removes a CAC sticker? :screwy:

Ribbit :)

Yes. I agree about researching and doing comparisons from Heritage Archives but I think Mark Feld gave a Heritage auctioned item that was counterfeit. Or did I misunderstand Marks post? I also saw one with a CAS sticker. Buyer beware!

You definitely misunderstood (and misstated) what I did. My comments were in reference to a seller on Ebay, not Heritage.

Mark

You are of course correct. I believe it was Toad that posted the PCGS Trade dollar with the CAS sticker. Sorry for the error (shrug)

It was me that posted the one with the CAC sticker but that was the real one on Heritage and the counterfeit one on Ebay was missing the CAC sticker. ;) Other than the labels not matching up, who removes a CAC sticker? :screwy:

Ribbit :)

Toad:

So I still made the error of believing the Heritage item was not genuine TD in PCGS slab with a CAS sticker but the eBay item had a fake PGCS slab (same ID) and was a counterfeit Trade dollar without the CAS sticker? Yes? You see what being ignorance challenged does in not understanding your orginal post. Or is it that I am not a good mind reader? Either way it keeps this post in play.

Why does this seller say "don't let this one get by" rather than "don't let this one GET AWAY?"

Maybe he lives in Key West? ;)

Ribbit :cool: