• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you don't want to cry then don't look at this post

10 posts in this topic

Hi all check this link to "Known" fake coins from china

Do not look if you have a faint heart .. you have been warned

There are 66 pages of coins and i am having problems finding any rare ones which have not been faked (shrug)

And the ones which show Unc ones and circulated examples are totally scary !!!

http://www.bubbleshare.com/users/profile/305237

Thats wild. Never knew they made so many types. I wonder how many folks already own these and don't know they are fake?

Browsing through Ebay,you can generally find almost all ,if not all ,types of "replica" U.S. coins. What bugs me the most about it is they are allowed to list them with genuine coins

Scary stuff - the average person would be fooled by these.

So much for having the word COPY stamped on these "coins".

Thats wild. Never knew they made so many types.

Those are just the products of that one individual. (Granted, he is one of the biggest producers.) Add all the other Chinese counterfeiting mints and you have a LOT of different types and dates.

Hi all check this link to "Known" fake coins from china

Do not look if you have a faint heart .. you have been warned

There are 66 pages of coins and i am having problems finding any rare ones which have not been faked (shrug)

And the ones which show Unc ones and circulated examples are totally scary !!!

http://www.bubbleshare.com/users/profile/305237

This is the guy that Susan Headly interviewed for her CoinWorld articles on Chinese Counterfeits. This guy has even counterfeited PCGS slabs.

The bottom line, it is illegal to counterfeit Chinese money (yuan and nimimbi). Other "copies" are not covered by Chinese law.

My bottom line, don't buy from a Chinese seller.

Scott :hi:

"My bottom line, don't buy from a Chinese seller".

What about the American seller who purchased from the Chinese seller and is now selling to you?

"My bottom line, don't buy from a Chinese seller".

What about the American seller who purchased from the Chinese seller and is now selling to you?

Caveat emptor. The same answer I give to those who buy coins from the television shopping channels. At some point, we can't save everyone no matter how hard we try. :pullhair:

Scott :hi:

The same answer I give to those who buy coins from the television shopping channels.

At least the TV guys sell genuine coins. You must them credit for something although they don't deserve much. (tsk)