• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

62 D Franklin Half- Wild color

25 posts in this topic

Anyone recognize this? Well,I needed some color in my life.Too much glaring silver and white frost lately.Anyway, here is my latest color.Can someone take a stab at grading. The reason there's no shine is that it's not in direct light.If I turned it towads the light I was getting blue,instead of the green I see with my eyes especially on the Obverse..Working on that There is plenty of luster on this. I think I like the reverse more.

62Dfrank2.jpg

62Dfrank1.jpg

No offense Maule, but that Kennedy looks nothing at all like his Franklin. I have a Franklin that resembles your Kennedy and was in an aftermarket holder, but there is a huge leap from here to there.

76706.jpg.4090371cdd4209593ad7ec4efa952e33.jpg

Supposed to have been kept in an old cardboard holder.Same type s the Buffalo I posted here. I found another with almost identical pattern but different colors.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=2&Number=3003017&Searchpage=2&Main=153305&Words=prudden&topic=0&Search=true#Post3003017

Well, if you remember there was quite a bit of discusion about whether that Buff was AT as well. I still think that one was enhanced, despite what some people posted.

Well, if you remember there was quite a bit of discusion about whether that Buff was AT as well. I still think that one was enhanced, despite what some people posted.
Open minded people can dissagree.. :popcorn:

You like stirring up trouble, don't you?

You like stirring up trouble, don't you?

lol Not at all... I am not convinced it's AT.. I haven't seen the coin in hand and those pics can not give a difinitive answer..

Any one who can then good for you.

I've seen many examples of coins grade that were opined as AT on these boards....

Exactly right.Keep 'em coming.That's one reason I post some of my stuff.

The Franklin half dollar has been artificially toned. The pattern of the colors and the colors themselves do not have a natural look to them. Naturally toned coins are usually darker around the edges and become lighter toward the centers. There is also mint luster coming up though the toning for pieces that grade Choice AU and higher. This coin has an artificially toned look to it on both sides.

The Franklin half dollar has been artificially toned. The pattern of the colors and the colors themselves do not have a natural look to them. Naturally toned coins are usually darker around the edges and become lighter toward the centers. There is also mint luster coming up though the toning for pieces that grade Choice AU and higher. This coin has an artificially toned look to it on both sides.

I explained about the luster.There was no direct light on it when I took the picture.there's plenty of mint shine coming through the tone. I'm not convinced it's AT yet. I could send it to an expert to look it over I guess.Couldn't hurt.

Could you try taking some more pictures of this coin prudden? Maybe different angles and lighting will show us something more.

I've been trying but they are coming out too dark and the shine doesn't come out in my light.I have overhead flourescents. I know it sounds lame, I can see it but the camera seems to be filtering it or something. I'm going to try again.

I would not call it ugly exactly, but it certainly is not original toning. Check out the 1825 dime that is in the U.S. coin section. The toning has the same look around the edge of the coin.

You can spend your money on the grading fees and postage, but I think you will be disappointed.

I would not call it ugly exactly, but it certainly is not original toning. Check out the 1825 dime that is in the U.S. coin section. The toning has the same look around the edge of the coin.

You can spend your money on the grading fees and postage, but I think you will be disappointed.

Nah.I thought about it,but I already have too many Morgans I want to waste money on grading. Especially a nice 1888-O PL.

Yeah, with these new pictures I am even more convinced that it is AT. I mean, there is nothing wrong with that as long as you know what it is and can appreciate it for that. Even Shane has been known to purchase an AT Franklin in his time. But it is definitely not original toning.