• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it just me or ...

2 posts in this topic

... does it seem inappropriate to give first time posters a mere one star (providing, of course, that the poster doesn't get stupid)?

Just today, I notice three new posters on the board which someone rated with just one star. It just seems to me that the rater isn't giving the person the benefit of the doubt.

One star is but a score of 20% based upon a five-star rating system. That is way below average, is it not?

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Given that this goofy rating system is purely a static one-shot for each contributor, I agree with you in principle. Benefit of the doubt is generally a worthwhile policy. However, there are occasional circumstances in which it's clear the newcomer is attempting to disrupt or troll or otherwise undermine legitimate dialog. In these cases I load one star into the Howitzer and blast away, wishing only that zero stars was an option.

Beijim