• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much premium is this 1883 CC toned DMPL Morgan worth?

12 posts in this topic

I'm not sure why you say Graysheet is out the window, but personally, I'd probably pay about a 10-15% premium for such toning on a coin of that grade and designation.

This is not a rare dollar in DMPL, so there is not a huge premium there. But of more concern is that toning, which I find to be exceptionally unattractive. I would pass on the coin, but if coerced into making an offer, it would be at a significant discount.

As an aside, the coin would be more valuable to me in the original GSA holder.

You know, I agree. Toned CC's are a little tougher to find, but this one was not very attractive. I should trust my instincts better, but I trust the vets in the business here more so.

This is not a rare dollar in DMPL, so there is not a huge premium there. But of more concern is that toning, which I find to be exceptionally unattractive. I would pass on the coin, but if coerced into making an offer, it would be at a significant discount.

As an aside, the coin would be more valuable to me in the original GSA holder.

James ,,Can you take the pic down and hit it with your auto adjust??

James ,,Can you take the pic down and hit it with your auto adjust??

Good idea! But unfortunately, it made no discernible difference :( .

:sorry: Thats sad... I wonder what it looks like in hand...

edited to add .. If the toaning was that dark I doubt it would have gotten a DMPL...

It's supposed to have 12 inch mirrors..

I see them selling anywhere from a very low $250 to highs of $350-$400 on EbAY.But that toning is not for the average collector. It's got a nice arc there,but all that green and orange. I don't know. It might take awhile to find the right buyer. For me color doesn't enhance DMPL's.

I've purchased from this dealer in the past. In fact, he is the person who found my 1820 Bustie in true Mint state, and I am forever greatful. Gary's a great guy, and I admire his taste in coins and his professionalism. This particular coin, however, I do not like.