• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did the Legislation for a Palladium Saint-Gaudens Become Law?

7 posts in this topic

I thought it did, but now I can't find the actual legislation that authorized the gold version, so I can't find if the palladium authorization ever made it. From my searches, H.R. 5614 and S. 2924 (for the palladium versions) never ended up passing together (H.R. did, S. didn't) and so didn't become law.

Anyone better at searching legislation than I?

It was a dumb idea so I'm surprised congress didn't pass it and BO didn't sign it into law.

This was the last congress, so it would have been GWB who would have had to sign or veto the legislation.

Scott :hi:

It was a dumb idea so I'm surprised congress didn't pass it and BO didn't sign it into law.

This was the last congress, so it would have been GWB who would have had to sign or veto the legislation.

Scott :hi:

Usually, when a law isn't passed during one congress, someone in the next congress tries to resurrect it so don't be surprised if it come to fruition.

If it doesn't pass in the first SESSION of a Congress (Each Congress is made up of two, one year sessions) it will usually be revived in the second session because it is still "active". But they are much less likely to be resurrected between Congresses because the bill has to start the submission process all over again gathering co-sponsors which means a lot of negotiation and trading of support for various legislation. It cna be a difficult grueling process and a lot of proposed legislation never manages to gather the required sponsorship for submission.