• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you believe this photography???

37 posts in this topic

About that MS68 36-D Buff: Isn't that Caitlin's?

John: You have a hard time deciding between two Buffalo's and a Washington? You are sick, sick man... 893whatthe.gif

jom

John: You have a hard time deciding between two Buffalo's and a Washington? You are sick, sick man...

sign-funnypost.gif

Yea, Jom I saw that 23s buffalo. It is a very nice coin, but as I am the proud new owner of a 23s that I bought from Hoot, I did not consider that coin. I have not received the 23s from Hoot yet, but from his photos, it looks to be equal to the one on ANR’s site. 893applaud-thumb.gif

John

Yeah, I saw Hoot's 23-S on Ebay I think. Great coin. I also like Shylock's 23-S also...I don't know if he sold though... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I like the 24-P at this sale also. Nice color and the grade of the coin doesn't make it too unaffordable.

Also, these guys do have some nice photos. Far better than Superior's. Theirs tends to look like a "painting" rather than a real coin.

The only thing the ANR pictures lose is the luster. But then again if you capture the luster you'll have "black and white" areas that hinder parts of the coin that are "black".

I like my photos because they show luster and color well but some of the coin gets obscured in the dark areas so it won't show strike and marks perfectly in all areas. You then need to add some extra light if you want to SELL the coin rather than just display it....like ANR has done.

jom

Jom,

I have never seen a photo of Shylock's coin, but I would certainly like to. I know what you mean about trying to get a good image of a coin, it’s always a balancing act between detail and luster, not to mention trying to get the color right. My hat goes off to those you can get really good coin images consistently. acclaim.gif

John