• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just don't get some people.

62 posts in this topic

And while I don't usually get publicly bent out of shape by strangers being overly familiar with my name or how I am addressed, it does affect my opinion of them,

\Ok , taking the quote out of context a little , but based solely upon the beginning I probably fall into the category of pond scum . I hope this is not so , as more likely than not , I probably do not even appear on the the radar screen .

Conder101 , you are truly a remarkable and knowledgeable person with very helpful posts and many answers that are not only informed , but highly accurate .

Regardless of how you address me , you are still top-shelf in this hillbilly's book , but I can not address you as mister....just Conder, short for Conder101, as outside of the chatboard , I have no idea who you are or how you would take my meaning , but if you prefer to be refferred to as Mr Conder101 , I could do that. Be happy to if it might move my perception out of pond scum and into 'land crawler' status . :)

I look up to and look forward to your posts and replies , as well as some of the other regulars that choose to post here on this site.

Perceptions are not easy to garner from written comments as to the writer's feelings or disposition at the time it is written , however , I 'think' that some comments do get misunderstood .

I've had to deal with the street toughs as well and I will agree the initial polite and respectful addressing does get the reaction you mention. But very quickly THEIR attitude changes. They appreciate the respect shown and I soon found them coming to MY defense when others would try and give me a hard time. It is hard to keep up an attitude with someone who treats you respectfully.