• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone want to guess the grade on this 1823 CBH

16 posts in this topic

This on is very difficult in my opinion. I think the high points are weakly struck, not circulated, but it appears there might be some cabinet friction or something which is discoloring them slightly. If it is circulated, I could see it at AU-55, but judging solely from those pictures it would grade 63. This one really needs to be judged in hand.

This coin also looks to have a nice double profile. The coin has nice smooth surfaces which would give it MS 63 . I gave it an Au 58 because I think there is just a hint of friction. This coin could easily be an MS 63. Either way it is a great looking coin that I would purchase for my collection.

Wow, is THAT gorgeous! The only thing I notice is beneath the TY in LIBERTY but as someone said...cound be strike. I'm going with the MS croud...and I might even go 64. That mark on the cheek is hardly noticeable.

However, if strike does NOT account for the area above the TY in liberty and the top of the left wing, it is the darned nicest AU 58 I've ever seen.

Just beautiful!! RI AL

Thanks for all the comments !!

Wow, I must be way off! I was thinking of AU-55, unless it bagged for an ancient cleaning.

Not way off, according to PCGS you are right on the money PCGS graded this one AU-55. I really thought this would come back a 58.

Thanks again!

Wow, I must be way off! I was thinking of AU-55, unless it bagged for an ancient cleaning.

Not way off, according to PCGS you are right on the money PCGS graded this one AU-55. I really thought this would come back a 58.

Awesome :) !

You know, the MS guesses don't surprise me all that much. I truly believe the PCGS "TrueView" pics always make a coin look nicer than the technical grade. But regardless, that is one delightful coin!

Awesome :) !

You know, the MS guesses don't surprise me all that much. I truly believe the PCGS "TrueView" pics always make a coin look nicer than the technical grade. But regardless, that is one delightful coin!

First set of photos are not PCGS TrueView..

But regardless, that is one delightful coin!

Thanks!