• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this Morgan real NT ..? and is this a good grading company !

9 posts in this topic

That is more than I would spend on the proof set. I guarantee you they are not PF69, and my guess is you probably wouldn't even be able to pull PF66 out of most of them.

The morgan.... it looks NT to me, but I'm not sure. It looks kind of dark. You probably won't get higher than 64 for it, if it is natural. I hate to say it, but the fact that it is in that slab immediately makes it suspect.

And no, USCG is not a reliable grading service, at all. They are solidly in the fourth world category.

dooly...Uscoingrading.com certainly doesn't have much of a site. I checked out all of the places on the site and found little of any use what so ever. The photo of the teen looking at his raw coins and holding them incorrectly, with a Whitman folder (or whatever) in the background doesn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling of confidence. You're talking to a guy here who has sent coins (oh the innocence [(or stupidity)] of youth) to some pretty obscure certification companies...I think I may even hold the record here on the board for the variety of companies I have used...and BOY...did I LEARN A LESSON!!!

USCG...when I first saw the listing, I thought, "what...the United States Coast Guard is slabbing coins now"? NOW I'm thinking..."here we go again". If it were me, speaking from experience, I would RUN...not walk...as far away from USCG as I possibly could. (I do like the hologram though).

Are the coins worth a "punt"? Here in the U.S., a punt is a kick and I would like to "punt" USCG right out of the field. Looks like a losing deal to me, dooly. Listen to this expert on using rotten coin certifying companies...this one goes right up there with the worst of them. And that Morgan...I think I can smell the chemicals used to create the lovely fake toned effect. Better open a window...I'm getting light headed...

Ri AL

The toning on the first coin looks like classic end of roll toning. Is it a 66? I would give it a 64. Like the others have said this is an also ran grading service