• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collector or dealer

Dealer / collector  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Dealer / collector

17 posts in this topic

Hi all just a question .. participate if you wish and to those who have me blocked :hi::cloud9:

so when do you become a dealer above a collector ?

If non of the options please post your opinions

Not entirely sure any of those quite fit the bill. A dealer would be to me someone who buys coins regularly with the intent to sell. You're not always going to be making a profit, and there are plenty of part time dealers. And you could be a dealer with a vast collection (thus keeping more than you sell).

Well said physics-fan3.14

wish i could find a dealer like the one you suggested. lol

"A dealer would be to me someone who buys coins regularly with the intent to sell. You're not always going to be making a profit"

Guess i am a dealer then James .. as my wages are so low the only "spending" cash i have is the money i make is from ebay .. guess it's beans again tonight .. only 19 pence a can at liddle's at the moment (:

The fourth option seems closest to my opinion.

When what you sell buys what you eat, you're a dealer.

A dealer would be to me someone who buys coins regularly with the intent to sell. You're not always going to be making a profit, and there are plenty of part time dealers. And you could be a dealer with a vast collection (thus keeping more than you sell).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(thumbs u

You don't have to make all of your money from coins to be a coin dealer. My dad for about 30 years was a music memorabilia dealer on the weekends and worked a regular day job during the week.

None of these choises are 100% right. Any time that you sell a coin you are "dealing" that coin. Therefor while you are making the transaction you are the "dealer" in said transaction.

Most of the time, I am looking for a good deal, thanks Mike....but will pay when I like or need something....so I guess I am not quite in the mold of your poll. :)

Guess i am a dealer then James .. as my wages are so low the only "spending" cash i have is the money i make is from ebay .. guess it's beans again tonight .. only 19 pence a can at liddle's at the moment (:

Beans?! You're living in luxury, man! Try living on Ramen noodles for a few weeks lol !!

I became a dealer in 1990 when I first started taking tables at coin shows after being a collector / investor for a number of years.

While I am a collector at heart, I am always looking at the bottom line and evaluating each purchase in terms of what I think I should be able to sell it for.

i have been thinking and im mainly a collector that turns seller when he gets sick of the collection he has in hand :)

Beans?..Ramen Noodles?...lap of luxury..try the old ketchup pack, hot water and pepper "tomato soup" recipe...

You're a dealer when selling coins is how you earn a living....

Beans?..Ramen Noodles?...lap of luxury..try the old ketchup pack, hot water and pepper "tomato soup" recipe...

You're a dealer when selling coins is how you earn a living....

...extreme luxury .....you're a true dealer when you get up early in the morning just to lick the morning dew moisture from tree leaves to quench your thirst....and know the breed of ANT by its taste when you pluck it off the EMPTY ketchup pack on the side of the road as you walk to the next show. By Golly.

...so I've heard.