• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling coins on Money Marketplace

14 posts in this topic

I want to sell some of my coins on the Money Marketplace and use Paypal for payments. I think it may give buyers more confidence in me as a seller. I have a regular account to buy things with Paypal and want to know what kind of Paypal setup of other members use to take payments. Is it necessary to setup a business account as I'm not a dealer?

Thanks, Pat

I don't think so. I've received a number of paypal payments and I don't have a business account. I think you're good. You just need to provide the email address you use in paypal to buyers.

I believe that if you want to accept credit card payments you have to have a business account.

This is not true, all you need is a paypal verified account to accept CC payments thru paypal!!

This is not true, all you need is a paypal verified account to accept CC payments thru paypal!!

I believe this is incorrect ... they will limit and sometimes NOT allow CC payments to a personal account at their descretion.

I believe this is incorrect ... they will limit and sometimes NOT allow CC payments to a personal account at their descretion.

The only difference between a personal account and a premier account is that your account is verified with a bank account and a CC.

PaypalAccounts.jpg

So what you really need is a "PREMIER" account... which means "VERIFIED"?

That is how I understand it.

Here is what Paypal says

A PayPal Premier Account is the right choice if you're a buyer and a seller:

Accept credit card, debit card, and bank account payments for low fees

Use any of PayPal's tools (including Shopping Cart) for free

Shop securely on merchant websites and eBay

Make purchases with your credit card, debit card, or bank account

Send money to friends, family, or anyone with an email address

Note: To sign up for a PayPal Premier Account, you must register for a Personal Account. During sign-up, you'll be asked if you want a Premier Account.

you donot need a biz account only premier. they changed the biz to applicant forms. if you put true numbers you will be denied. so when signing up for a biz account tell them you make tons. they only want big biz fish.

Good luck to ya! There is also an option of a bank transfer via pay pal where they do not charge the high fees but it does take 3 days to finalize.