• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please grade me

6 posts in this topic

It is really almost impossible to grade a Proof coin from these photos. I have to see such coins in person so that I can swirl them in the light and look for the quality of the mirrors and the presence or absence of hairlines. And given the value of these pieces a personal inspection or some advice from a very trusted expert source is really the only way to go with these coins.

The only negative I see is the minor copper spot in the field. I don’t mind these spots all, but there are collectors and dealers out there who dump on gold coins every time they see them. To me that’s silly, but they are the ones who write the checks.

coin is an a pcgs proof 64 cameo holder

sight seen the reverse is proof 65+ the obverse is 64.9 and the coin is strongly cameoed but would be deep cameo but would need to be dipped as the coin has an incredibly thick original skin