• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul Simpkin at Baltimore Gold and Silver

5 posts in this topic

Has any one on the board had dealings with Paul Simpkin from Baltimore Gold and Silver? He has more jewlery than anything else but he does have a few coins... thoughts??

Thanks in advance...

Leo

Actually... Paul is a (coin) friend of mine, and I like him a lot. He used to (and still does, I think) run something like "NTL Auctions". Paul is unquestionably an old-time style dealer, and he owns far more great coins than you can imagine, especially based on what you'll see from his offerings.

I suggest strongly that you engage him in conversation, and steer him toward the coins you are looking for - you might get lucky. Be ready, though... Paul LOVE to TALK!

(Ask him about his relationship with the Eliasbergs....)

Thanks James... I just got the impression from his offerings that he was just a bit thin on stock. I brought a couple of my ablums in with me to show him what I was collecting and where I wanted to go. He did have a few pieces in my [lowly] price range and I bought two at probably just over FMV, but for a B&M shop in a downtown metropolitan area, I was pleasantly surprised. Both he and his staff [Ken] were very nice and I'll definitely go back. I also got quite a bit of info on local clubs.

Best Regards,

Leo