• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I thought there was no such thing ?

11 posts in this topic

According to www.coinfacts.com they minted over 2 million of 1822.

However, 1822 would be a matron head large cent, and the one you linked is Braided Hair. It's either not an 1822, or it's fake.

However, 1822 would be a matron head large cent, and the one you linked is Braided Hair. It's either not an 1822, or it's fake.

Sorry that's what i meant MM hm:screwy: :screwy: hm Any braided 1822 cents??

The daft Englishman strikes again !!

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

This one is all wrong, the date needs to be directly under the bust, the stars are not large enough, the date looks like 1833.…and I don’t even do large cents!

the shipping would keep me away from this seller anyway. but the tiny fuzzy pic doesnt help them either.

"US $16.45 USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope"

The only large cent date that does not exist between 1793 and 1857 is 1815. That year there was a fire at the mint which limited the agency's capacity to strike coins. Through the years a number of Classic Head cents (1808 - 14) and a number of Matron Head cents (1816-39) have been altered to show the date 1815, but none of them are genuine 1815 dated coins.